Wednesday, February 16, 2011

POPEYES @ Punggol

Newly opened last December, this latest addition is located at 10 Tebing Lane, off Punggol East Road. *if i get my facts right*, this outlet is gorgeously located along the  proposed Punggol Waterway which they are still building. Along the stretch is Frienzie Bistro & Bar which is in operation & é˛œseafood restaurant which I have no idea whether it's open for biz yet.



Meat-> tender but lack that fatty/oily substance to make it finger-licking good.

Skin-> Too skinny! Ain't crispy enough. Some might like it because it's not as oily as KFC, but really, healthy is not exactly an appropriate word associated with fried chicken : P

Biscuit-> Was this a rave? Pardon me, it was neither a biscuit nor a muffin to me, and did they not bake it long enough? The floury taste was kinda of strong. Prefer Kenny Roger's muffins anytime.


The Cajun Fries was good. Nicely salted, lightly crisp and soft inside. YUMS.


The coleslaw was nice too, cabbage was chunky, not too thinly slice and not "drowned" in dressing. Love the sound of crunchcrunch when i bite into them.. shiok : )



This was the eyeopener. This is so good! Mash potato in cajun-style gravy.
Potato was soft and fluffy, not powdery and there were actually bits and pieces of chicken in the gravy. Can i say it again, woah!

Read alot of reviews on the horrendous service but I was met with smiling, overly-courteous, zealous service staff that day. The place was packed when I stepped in and I actually had 1 service staff + 1 manager/supervisor serving me at the counter.
Even before I tucked in, their service won me over.

Then, I realise. the place was packed with their own cohort of management personnels. Saw all of them donning the same polo tee. LOL! Must be some kind of site-survey that day. I sincerely hope the service I receive was not for show.
With such a scenic (future) and easily accessible location, let's just hope their service stays ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment