Thursday, February 17, 2011

THE HANDBURGER @ Raffles City

I have always wanted to try their burgers and finally did today ( :


I wanted to order their Handburger Original initially but decided that I have had too many burgers out of beef patties. Thus I went for something DIFFERENT. Their Chef Special Tea-Smoked Duck burger!
Tea-smoked duck breast with mandarin orange, shredded leek, handmade peanut sesame sauce on a bed of coral lettuce and tomato on a toasted honey wholewheat multi-grain bun! Just a word, woah.
It was actually good, the combi was divine. Seriously, I never thought duck could actually taste good in between 2 buns and serve as a burger!


For a min, I was worried I will get really dried duck breast (I never quite fancy the breast meat, I am more of a "dark" person) but they prove me wrong. The duck was not the least bit dry and meat was oh-so-tasty with good layers of fatty skin.. YUMS!
The glutton me wanted to clamp both buns and chomp on the burger with ONE HUMONGOUS bite but it was nearly impossible. Burger was too huge for pouty mouth *ahem*. In the end, I had cut it up chunk by chunk and devour it bit by bit.
(I was with a friend today, had to pretend to be lady-like. Wait for me, I shall wolf you down in 4 bites the next time round)


My pal had this, the Handburger Original.
Grilled 150g of 100% N.Z ribeye beef patty, sweet onion jam, cheddar cheese, handmade bbq sauce on a bed of coral lettuce, tomato on a toasted caramelised onion bun. My friend had a "bloody" experience with another restaurant when he last ordered his burger medium rare and thus opt for well done this time round.
The patty was good and the portobello mushrooms toppings were flavorful. But of course, medium-rare doneness would have added more points to the burger ( :


We opt for the $4 top up for each of our burger to get a salad (there are other choices like fries, chilled stuffed tomato, soup..etc) + a drink.
I actually missed out the chilled tomato which looks really interesting and had the mundane mixed greens salad instead. Duh.

Will definitely be back to try the rest of the burgers ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment