Monday, February 7, 2011

EMPIRE STATE RESTAURANT @ Iluma

Seafood Chowder

Most common activity to do during CNY besides yr traditional 拜年, gambling (which I don't know how to) is....?
Movie. How exciting.

Bought tix for Shaolin (starring Andy Lau, Nicholas Tse) at iluma. Decided to grab a quick lunch at Empire State restaurant, and considering we had only like 45mins to spare, it was definitely not a wise choice made by yours truly.

I am always a sucker for "Must try", "Chef's recommendation" foodies and thus I ordered the Seafood Chowder + Squid Ink Pasta while D had their Bacon Cheese Burger.
Food came pretty fast *thankfully*.
The chowder was small in quantity.. but big in quality (: I like it.


Squid Ink Pasta
Next up, the Squid Ink Pasta. Let's just say, I prefer my spag soaked in cream sauce with heaps of bacon/oysters or al dente tossed in lots of olive, garlic and chili flakes.
A word of caution, this dish is definitely not recommended for pak-tor-ing couples. Ink tainted lips + teeth do not leave a desirable impression, eh?


Bacon Cheese Burger

The beef patty was thick and served on 2 slices of very soft oats bun. Oooh.. the bun was so cottony soft I could have it on its own. 

If I had more time, I would love to try their desserts too. Will head back there with the kids the next round (:

1 comment:

  1. If u do drop by for dessert, try the Sizzling Boston Brownie n I am sure you will love it :)

    ReplyDelete