Friday, February 18, 2011

HOCK HENG BEEF LAKSA @ Blk 233 Ang Mo Kio

I love beef.
I love laksa.
This is Beef Laksa ( :

Strategically located near Uncle Leong Seafood (Blk 233, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3. Its the coffeeshop just opposite Mellben), this little stall has garnered many awards and recommendations.

This was indeed something very different. The beef was tender and sweet though I would have prefer if they slice it up a little bigger rather than clump up many thin and small slices. The gravy was pretty decent (don't forget to mix in the chilli given, it makes a whole lot of difference) though I find it a tad too watery.
Ha, just minuscule gripes. I will definitely head back for more ( :


Quoting my bro: " This is HUMful."
They were generous in the cockles they gave and oh yes it's definitely not healthy, but gimme another plate anytime : P


Mixed Beef Soup.
Oooohh, how I love my moomoo. Fresh beef, sirloin, beef stomach, beef tendon, beef tripe, beef balls.
The tendon was melt-in-the mouth and the tripe, stomach was tender to the bite. And the chinchalok+chili was a great dip!
The soup didn't have the robust and strong taste unlike some others, but maybe it's because they didn't add much msg? Well, I sure didn't have a thirst for water thereafter : )

THANKS to a gorgeous lady for the reccomendation, I will definitely be back ( :

Another gluttony day with my bro.
Pics of the applecheesecake which we had barely 30mins after this has not been posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment