Wednesday, February 23, 2011

NOODLES, BEANCURD & OTAH @ Jalan Kayu

1) HE JI NOODLES

This route of eating, from noodles to beancurd is the NORM for me whenever I am over at Jalan Kayu for lunchie.


First, I will head to He Ji for their QQ noodles. I love chilli, but with this noodles, I like the version with just the black sauce (and no chilli). I ordered the Noodles with dumplings today.
*note: Go for their Mee-Gia, their Mee-Pok somehow just ain't tasty.


The dumplings that came with my noodles. Nice and tasty.


This is their regular noodles with charsiew. Not sure whether they marinate their own char siew but there sure is lots of room for improvement on their roast. IMHO, what they serve was merely colored meat, not roasted char siew.


But, undeniable, their noodles is good. Very the Q ^^


Their fried wanton with paper-thin skin and mayo dip makes an irresistable appetizer. When u pop, u can't stop.


Ordered something different today. We tried their fried wings. It was just out from the fryer, skin was crispy, meat was tender and not over-fried. Not bad.



2) SELEGIE SOYA BEAN (jalan kayu branch)
Then, I'll head for my favorite soya beancurd. Mr Bean, Jollybean just can't match up with THIS beancurd. Its so smooth it practically melts in your mouth.


Thanxs to an evil counterpart, I have change from my usual soymilk WITHOUT SUGAR SYRUP to soy milk WITH GULA MELAKA.
But, really. This is so darn sinfully yummy.



3) HIANG SOON OTAH
The famous Jalan Kayu Otah.
I grab more than a dozen of spicy & non-spicy (for the princess) on the way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment