Saturday, February 12, 2011

MEE REBUS @ Banquet Parkway Parade






The last time I was there, I saw many plates of this mee rebus on many tables. It looked good. The plate that it was served in looks.. HUGE.

Finally got to try it today. The bowl was huge. So was the serving.

The noodles looked "drowned" in chinese parsley, shallots, bean sprouts and green chili. Gravy was a tad too thick for my liking and noodles a little too soft, I always prefer my noodles al dente. And gosh, the heaps of green chili they tossed in could set my mouth ablaze, I gave up picking them out when I saw the zillions of chili seeds:- my myopia will increase if I even make an attempt.
The generous sprinkle of condiments was an overkill, everything was so jumble up I can't differentiate what I was putting into my mouth.

And, I have never had a plate of mee rebus in Singapore served American-portion. I could barely finish half of it.

What they provide in quantity, they compromise on the quality :(

No comments:

Post a Comment