Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mee Hoon Kuay *with homemade chilli*




MEE HOON KUAY
with homemade chilli

Thnxs to my gf Javice & Evelyn, their yummy mee hoon kuays made me wanna try cooking some at home (:

The kids had LOTSA of fun tearing the dough.. giving me all kinds of funny shapes like triangle, roundies, elongated.. etc. 
This is.. edible playdough to them :S
* those were hidden, only the non-mutated ones are in this pic :P
For the soup base, instead of plain water, I used homemade chicken broth to boil the ikan bilis & presoaked soy beans. The result was.. oomph! :P

Mee Hoon Kuay has to go with chilli & it was my maiden try on pounding my own chilli. Think i was too stingy on those fiery little fellows, my chilli did not turn out spicy enough :S 

My Mee Hoon Kuay was simple, with just meatballs & spinach drowned in wholesome soup. The soybeans were a delight though, I love them (:

No comments:

Post a Comment