Saturday, April 10, 2010

Nigella's Choc Chip Muffin


Death by chocolate..

There were a few debates on the website I found with regards to the sugar used. Some say 3/4cups, some say 1 3/4 cups.


I eventually settled for this.
http://beatenandbaked.wordpress.com/2008/11/07/bernie-makes-nigellas-chocolate-chip-muffins/ 


Combined with the reviews I have read, made a few tweaks and OMG!
In the blog, recipe calls for 175g (1 3/4cups of sugar)/
I weighed 175g and that makes 3/4cup only. Either typo or my digital scale is going bonkers.


Anyway, I used 1 1/2cups of caster, and it was sweet enough for me.
Instead of 2 tbsp of cocoa, I used 1/4cup of unsweetened Hershey's cocoa for that extra chocolatey oomph.
I didn't have cour cream, else would have replaced half of the milk with it. Supposedly to churn out more moisture packed muffins.


The recipe makes about 16 regular muffins and I freeze half of them after cooling. Just take them out and reheat for 10-12mins and they will still taste as lovely. Frozen muffins can be stored up to 3 mths though I doubt they will even last a week :P


I LOVE the recipe, one that I will be using again and again and again (:

No comments:

Post a Comment