Sunday, January 2, 2011

MANPUKU JAPANESE GOURMET TOWN @ tampines 1

I deem this as a Japanese foodcourt, though the tagline is Japanese Gourmet Town. Didn't have many pics coz everyone ordered and ate before I was back to get trigger happy : S
I ONLY manage to snap my sashimi + the fruit tart.

Fruit Paradise Tart Shop
This looks so good yet so intimidating to cut. The tart is assembled with a biscuity tart base holding, a layer of sponge cake, custard cream, cheese cream, fresh cream and heaps (really heaps) of strawberries. Just looking at the list of cream in the ingredients, one might think anything more than 2 scoops of this tart will result in revulsion. I am not exactly creamy-cake incline, and hesitated when I was offered a slice. Everyone had 1, I can't say no, eh?
I was.... pleasantly surprised, and I had a second slice for brekkie the next day.


We ordered the whole tart, had the guy at the counter cut it up for us and he actually served us each wedge on a porcelain plate (not plastic or paper) decorated with choc/strawberry syrup swirls.
ps: Its no big hoo-ha, but I was surprise at the service rendered from a "foodcourt" but then again, this was a $80 tart, so I guess they better leave a good impression :P

This was the sashimi I had, which made me wait a good 20mins. It was nice, but nothing that wows me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment